Steller Makes is an exploration into the poetic and infinite play.

Whatever the challenge, Steller Makes transforms great ideas into the living world
through architecture, art, designed objects, craft and clothing ornament.

She is the curator of ideas with boundless possibilities and unlimited outcomes.

Monday, July 18, 2011

steller makes sale 2

I finally found some time to get these pictures up onto the blog. It took so long, because Ive been so busy. Moving towns, creating bigger projects and fiddling around.

In pretty basic words, I can definately say that this 'very special garage sale' experience was quite challenging. I was warned that people would be at my door at 6am with torches and pushy attitudes, desperate for my belongings. Luckily I didnt advertise, so the early birds slept in a little. Anxiously riding on a couple of hours sleep, the beast started trotting at 8 am with the first pokey noses at my door. I told them to come back at 9, untill a lovely young couple rocked up and I trusted them enough, to let them into my house, brouse around while I prepared other things and took photos of the items that were going to leave.



It was so interesting watching people come into your house and how they treated the event. Some are there for straight up bargain, and others, like the first ones that I let in, quietly tip toed around the house, slowly watching and picking up and testing my personal belongings with care and unusual caution. Occasionally, quietly asking me...why I was doing this? where was I going? and what the objects were and what they meant to me.



The more bargain hunters that came in, the more I started to freak. I had to be direct about the price of certain items, and communicate the meaning that had been mapped over some objects.

Ahh...Blog site failing....to be continued.......

No comments:

Post a Comment